Sunday, July 26, 2009

SKS/Bodhicariya Students Re-union

A re-union event is going to take place for the first time ever. Like every body, I am so hopeful and looking forward to it. I am sure it is going to work out good. As a school, Bodhicariya is poised to celebrate its 20th foundation day this year 15th November. What could be an opportune time more than this to have a reunion event!!

There's reason more than one why we need to have a gathering like this. Most of us that have been following information about the institution and Ven Bimal Bhante are aware that a certain idea has been toying in many minds on the subject of hosting an event like a reunion. The idea is appreciated and liked by all but always slipped down the to-do list in the last couple of years. But now guys are acting animatedly how to present the idea on the real ground. Not very far from now, in just a matter of 3 months, we will meet on a venue for a two-day gather. A working committee has formed and we have final draft of a letter of invitation. Do I really look like a level headed bloke? I am pleasantly surprised that guys out there do! They felt that I am a level headed bloke who can be a part of the committee and now I am direct part of the commitee with a position as the Secretary of Information and Publication. I am not alone as I have the best partner in Mr Dilip from National Law School, Bangalore. I trust that the committee will create the best event we have had in a long time. It will be a memorable one. For alumni from everywhere making available to the re-union will be like returning to the roots, like a walk down the memory lane. A chance to start bridging the widening gap between SKS and its alumini. A time to rekindle old friendships. I am sure the sight of the Bodhicariya hostels and to live in its environs for 2 days will arouse enormous joy. So many old school days memories will trickle and flood one's mind - memories of the playful times, the classroom experience, the childhood spent in the airy dormitories of Ametie, Karuna, Metta, Chetana and Paramita Bhavan....

There are hundred things that I am interested to do during the stay at Bodhicariya. I am curious to find out the boy that occupies the same hostel bed that I had. I want to go to the spot where I planted a sapling and see how leafy it has grown. I would like to stand in the central park under full moon and while away time enjoying the night breeze. I would like to have a seat in the middle row, third seat from the front that was my favorite desk in the classroom. I would like to go up the terrace in the chill of the night, porch on top of a pillar at the roof the hostel and gaze at the stars. I would get up early and walk into the morning mist, pluck fresh flowers to prepare a nice decoration and offer on the Buddha pedestal. When the community sits down to observe quitetude and practice anapanasatti and I want to be a part of the session. Assuming that I have learned a handsome deal since I left school 15 years ago, next I could plan volunteering in the school when the classes are in progress. I am sure our teachers would appreciate and encourgage me. i am sure focussing on lower class topics that I learned long ago, interacting with young minds will make one of the most productive experience of the trip.

Hey try think alike and more like the way that I am now. What are your wishes? What will be your interests as you reach Bodhicariya in mid November? Please open up and start shareing.....!
I truly hope to be present there and see you in person. Take good care of yourself wherever you are!

No comments: